Hills Prescription Diet ZD Cat Food is a vet recommended dry cat food for many reasons. It contains a healthy dose of minerals and vitamins that suits every cat’s health with easy digestion. Here is the Hills Prescription ZD Dry Cat Food Review for a detailed introduction of its ingredients, benefits for sensitivities, and recommendations for your felines with unbiased facts to know the healthy and unhealthy effects.
Hills Prescription ZD Dry Cat Food
Hills Prescription Diet ZD Cat Food
Best Dry Cat Food for Sensitive Stomach UK
Ingredient: Chicken Meat | Suitable: Adult Cat | Grains: Rice | Meat Content: Around Average | Crude Protein: 34.5% | Crude Fat and Oils: 15.2% | Crude Fibres: 0.6% | Crude Ash: 1.7% | Omega-3 Oils: 1.5 mg/kg | Omega-6 Oils: 3.96% | Nutritiants: Clinically Balanced | Taurine: 0.36% | Carbohydrate: 40.6% |
REASONS TO BUY
✓Increase appetite with a good and healthy immune system.
✓Hypoallergenic food for cats with food allergies, skin or digestive issues.
✓Clinically proven formulated dry cat food for many illnesses.
✓Neutralise free radicals as they contain high levels of antioxidants.
✓It is suitable for cats with urinary tract issues and reduces struvite and calcium oxalate.
✓A mix of balanced ingredients, beta carotene, vitamins and natural antioxidants
REASONS TO AVOID
✗Ingredients have an average protein content.
✗Recipes contain cereals and rice that produce carbs.
The food uses a single source of protein with high-grade hydrolysed chicken protein, which is formulated and processed to avoid unwanted food reactions. The special formula treatment is acceptable for every cat that I have found no allergic reaction so far.
The fame of Hills Prescription ZD diet is a friendly meal for sensitive cats. After the known results, many pet owners shift to the Hills Diet for the good results of reducing skin & gastrointestinal problems caused by adverse food reactions of cheap brands with low food quality.
However, it is clinically proven dry cat food to help felines with a specially formulated digestive meal free from food allergies. In a surprising manner, the ingredient choice is odd for what premium and ideal cat food looks like with less chances of allergies and sensitivities.
It contains cereals, meat and animal derivatives, vegetable protein extracts, oils and fats, minerals, and derivatives of vegetable origin. It is somewhat familiar with other brands I have looked back at in our reviews. Because of grains and additives, that found in most dry food products, build up excessive carbohydrates, which are not good for a cat’s health in any case.
Aside from the analysis of such ingredients, Hill’s cat food is precisely balanced and contains high-quality nutrients to improve the skin and digestion of cats.
It is clinically improved food created by the collaborative efforts of veterinarians, scientists, and pet nutritionists at Hill’s facilities to cook the nutrition and transform it into a healthy meal for pets.
One thing is certain: no dry cat food is a perfect meal for cats, not only due to the lack of a high protein ratio but also due to the dry nature of the food. Cats are sluggish and drink less water, and dry food is already dehydrated.
It is good to have care for your paws and feed them as healthy as possible, which is why I could hold myself telling you to place a good water feeder for your cats when dry food is your meal preference. Other than that, my thoughts are clear for Hills ZD cat food. It contains the proper nutrients to make a cat feel good with sensitivities.
Advantages of Hill’s Prescription Dry Cat Food
- It is specially designed to alleviate cats’ skin and digestive symptoms caused by food intolerances.
- It is well suited for gastritis and sensitivities, urinary tract health, as well as itchy skin.
- Ideal as a complete meal for dietetic cats and improves stool quality.
- Work as a treatment for gastrointestinal issues such as diarrhoea, vomiting, bloating, and nausea.
- Chicken protein with a blend of vitamins, minerals, trace elements, beta carotene and natural antioxidants.
- Veterinarians commonly prescribe it for feline sensitivities.
- Made with animal protein with a proven blend of prebiotic fibres that help promote a healthy skin barrier.
- Helps nourish skin and coat as it is formulated with high levels of essential fatty acids.
- Clinically tested antioxidant formulas to support the immune system.
- Contains essential fatty acids, anti-inflammatory agents, activBiome+, prebiotics for the wellbeing of feline health.
- Full nutritional meal with purified carbohydrate source for visible improvement in skin coat.
- Reduce unwanted dermatological or gastrointestinal reactions
- The taste quality is balanced for cats to eat and digest. Not a highly palatable meal.
- Helpful with skin problems such as redness, rashes, itchiness, wounds, and bald spots.
Hills ZD Cat Food Side Effects
- Not a proper meal for kittens, pregnant or lactating queens.
- Even with a clinical formula, Hills ZD cat food is not the strongest candidate for a healthy cat’s daily diet.
- Some of the ingredients in the recipe contain carbohydrates that are not needed for cat metabolism.
- No better result if the cat drinks less.
Recipe Ingredients and Composition of Hills ZD Dry Cat Food
Recipes include Brewers Rice, Hydrolyzed Chicken Liver, Rice Protein Concentration, Powdered Cellulose, Soybean Oil, Coconut Oil, and Chicken Liver Flavour. Besides that, it contains Calcium Carbonate, Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Sulphate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Dicalcium Phosphate, L-Threonine, DL-Methionine, L-Lysine, and Choline Chloride.
Essential Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calonium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, and Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement).
The Riboflavin Supplement, Taurine, Iodized Salt, Potassium Citrate, L-Tryptophan, minerals (Ferrous Sulphate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulphate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Beta Flavours and Natural Flavours.
Additional Technological Additives
None Stated Sensory Additives; None Stated Nutritional Additives: Per KG: 3b103 (Iron) 104.0mg, 3b202 (Iodine) 4.6mg, 3b405 (Copper) 10.3mg, 3b502 (Manganese) 10.8mg, 3b603 (Zinc) 162mg; with natural antioxidant.