Overall, Dash cams are becoming increasingly popular as a way to capture video evidence of accidents or collisions. Nextbase is one of the most well-known and trusted brands in the UK, offering the best dash cams in the market. I have an experience with the brand, their products offer high-quality video recording and a range of extra thoughtful features that are unlike other dash cams. Here is a guide on how to use a Nextbase dash cam:
Nextbase Dash Cam How To Use Guide
These are the Nextbase Dash Cam installation instructions with easy steps to make your dash cam mounting as easy as possible.
- Decide which Nextbase dash cam is right for you. There is a range of different models available, each with its own set of features. Choose the model that best meets your needs and budget.
- Install the dash cam in your car. The placement of the camera will depend on the model you choose, but most can be attached to the windshield or dashboard. Follow the instructions provided by Nextbase to ensure proper installation.
- Turn on your dash cam and configure settings. The Dash Cam Dash is a free app that can be downloaded on your smartphone. This will set up the dash cam to start recording when you start the ignition and turn it off when you end it.
- Record your drive. Press the button on the dash cam to start recording. The Dash Cam Dash app will display a live view of your car on your phone. You can zoom in and out, change the recording quality, and set up motion alerts, which will alert you when you start to drive or stop moving.
- Review your footage. The Dash Cam Dash app will allow you to review your footage once you have stopped recording. You can choose to save a clip, delete it or share it with friends via Facebook or email.
- Protect your footage. You can increase the security of your footage by using a PIN code or password to protect it.
- Delete footage from dash cam Nextbase. You can delete the footage by going into settings and selecting “Delete all clips”. If you wish to save the footage, you can do so by going into your storage settings and selecting “Save”.
Nextbase Dash Cam Hardwire Kit
Many dash cams include a G-sensor, which saves any footage captured in the event of a collision. The hardwire kit provides the highest level of security, allowing the dash cam to be charged from the battery and connected motion sensors to help it record every motion that happens nearby.
So, whether you have a Nextbase or another dash cam, it’s worth installing a hardwire kit. It is a great investment to install a Nextbase dash cam in your car when quality recording is your propriety, as high-end DVR allows you to keep an eye on the road while it capturing footage of accidents or other incidents with high-resolution image sensors.
However, for a hardwire kit with a Nextbase dash cam, you can do it yourself once you have all of the necessary accessories, and if you don’t feel comfortable installing the dash cam yourself, don’t worry – I’ll walk you through the entire process.
Nextbase Dash Cam Hardwire Kit Accessories
If you are thinking of installing a Nextbase dash cam in your car, it’s a great investment for quality recording, which make you easily keep an eye on the road and capture footage of accidents or other incidents. But for a hardwire kit with Nextbase, you can do by yourself when you have all teh accessories, and if you don’t feel comfortable with installing the dash cam yourself, don’t worry – I’ll walk you through the entire process.
Included Accessories of NextBase Series 2 Hardwire Kit
- 5 Meter Cable Length
- 5V Mini USB Power Cable
- Fuse tap table (standard)
- Fuse tap cable ATM (mini)
- 2 Amp ATO/C fuse (standard)
- 2 Amp ATM fuse (mini),
- Safety Ferrite core
How To Install Nextbase Dash Cam Hardwire Kit
The latest Series 2 Hardwire Kit for Nextbase dash cams includes all of the components needed to easily and safely connect your device to your vehicle’s battery for 24/7 incident recording and securing your evidence whether you’re parked on a lot or anywhere else. This provides the camera with power from the car’s battery plug to make this connection work all the time.
Installation Instructions Of Nextbase Dash Cam With Hardwire Kit
- Before we move to our Nextbase dash cam hardwire kit instructions, First, locate a suitable location for your Nextbase dash cam. The camera should be mounted as close to the windshield as possible, facing forward, to capture footage of the road ahead. You must also properly set the viewing angle for the ultra-wide scene.
- Next, connect the required fuse tap cable to the vehicle’s fuse box to provide the camera with continuous power via your vehicle’s battery. This is the primary function of the hardwiring kit, and it is extremely simple. This step will remove the need for a 12V car cigarette socket outlet.
- Once you make a connection, check the cable blue LED indicator which shows when there is power available and when a Dash Cam is connected. When you make a connection with a live supply, the inbuilt minimum voltage limiter helps protect your car’s battery from going flat. This is helpful.
- Now when your vehicle starts, it will start recording automatically with the Hardwire Kit installed on a live supply with a switch. This can make the parking monitor feature super special to keep Nextbase dashboard camera active for motion trigger alert.
Things You Need To Mind When Using NextBase Dash Cam
- (1) The Nextbase dash cam will not record in reverse. Unless you have attached a rear view module.
- (2) The dash cam may take several seconds to start recording after turning on. This is normal.
- (3) If you see a red light on the front of your dash cam, it means that there is not enough battery power.
- (4) The memory card used in the dash cam may become full while recording Unless you have enabled a feature called, loop recording.
- (5) When installing the dash cam with hardwire kit, keep the car’s battery terminals connected to the dash cam’s power and charging ports.
- (6) The recording time of your dash cam may vary depending on SDcard storage size.
Important Safety Instructions For Dash Cam Users
Please read and understand the following safety instructions before using your Nextbase dash cam:
- You need to read the manual carefully before using the dash cam.
- Charge the battery of your dash cam before first use and check that it is working correctly.
- Always keep this manual in a safe place and store it with other important information for warranty claims.
- Do not use your dash cam if the battery is damaged, missing or if there is any sign of malfunction.
- If the battery of your dash cam is swelled during your use, immediately remove your dash cam before it causes damage and/or injury to you or others.
- Always back up your important recordings and keep your dash cam SD card clean for new recordings.
- There is no waterproofing on the Nextbase dash cam, so do not clean it with water or spray.