Ben Wells is a tech enthusiast specializing in cameras and GPS devices. He has a keen interest in reviewing dashcams, navigators, and other useful car...
Greetings, drivers! In the fast-paced world of today’s cars, we need more than just a sat nav to navigate our journey. We also require a dash cam to record and serve as an eyewitness to accidents and incidents. But why settle for two distinct gadgets when both may be found in one? Constantly switching between your trusty sat nav and clunky dash cam while driving is dangerous.
We’ve found the solution to your problem in the form of sat navs with built-in dash cams. Several brands such as Garmin, Snooper, MIO, and Aguri, offer reliable and convenient two-in-one GPS and dash cam devices that work for cars, lorries, vans, and motorhome vehicles. We’ve compiled our review separately with recommendations for you to refer to and make an informed decision while purchasing.
A Complete Guide to Finding the Perfect Sat Nav with Dash Cam
Imagine, having all the reliability of satellite navigation at your fingertips, coupled with the added security of a front dash cam, all in one sleek and streamlined device. No more cluttered dashboards and no more worrying about missing a crucial moment while fumbling with multiple gadgets.
Your driving experience will be raised to new heights with the ease of a sat nav and dash cam bundled into one device. It will map your path while capturing footage of any incidents that occur while driving.
Our advice and all essential information will assist you in selecting the best solution for you.
With a sat nav and dash cam combo device, you can say goodbye to fiddling with various gadgets and welcome a more safe voyage. Here are our simplified tips to help you find the best device for your needs:
Choose a Model with Reliable Navigation and Dash Cam Features
When buying a sat nav with a built-in dash cam, it’s important to select a model with good specifications. Some popular manufacturers of these devices include Garmin and Aguri, who offer superior navigation services and additional features to make your journey easier.
Here are top-rated recommendations for sat nav with built-in dash cams:
- Garmin NuviCam LMTHD 6″: This model offers both quality dash cam and sat nav features. It includes various traffic alerts that have been found to be superior to other options.
- Aguri GT520 DVR Sat Nav: This sat nav is designed for heavy vehicles such as motor homes, caravans, and trailers, and includes a built-in dash cam for recording incidents along the way.
- MIO MiVue 65LM: This more affordable option still includes a sat nav and dash cam, with an adjustable lens that can be set to any angle for a dashboard view.
Things To Check Before Buying Sat Nav with Dash Cam
When considering a sat nav with a built-in dash cam, it’s important to understand the factors that can affect video quality. Some of these include the recorder’s resolution and frame rate, lens type and viewing angle.
Dashboard Camera Quality Factor for Detailed Footage
When looking for a sat nav with a dash cam, it’s important to consider the type of camera the device has. The resolution of the footage recorded by the dashcam can greatly affect the overall quality.
A higher resolution will provide a clear picture, while a lower resolution may result in pixelated and difficult-to-make-out details.
The frame rate also plays a role in the smoothness of the video; a higher frame rate will result in a smoother video than a lower frame rate.
Expectations from Sat Nav with Dash Cam Recording
The video quality of a dash cam can vary based on the recorder. When choosing a dash cam, it’s important to consider what you need to make an informed purchase.
The average device that combines sat nav and dash cam has three video quality resolutions; 1296P (FHD Plus), 1080P (FHD), and 720P (HD).
It’s important to note that each of the mentioned resolutions has a maximum of 30 frames per second (FPS), which results in a smooth recording experience, better than that of cheap dash cameras on the market.
However, it’s not the smoothest as what you would find in high-end dual dash cam devices with 60 FPS recording.
Satellite Navigation with Detailed Mapping
A Sat Nav device is an excellent solution for folks who want a dependable navigation system that is specifically tailored to the requirements of their car, such as weight, size, and characteristics. It will provide a personalised route, avoiding traffic, regulations, and up-to-date event information to provide a pleasant and trouble-free journey.
Navigate with Precision: Common Features You Can Expect from Sat Nav Devices with Dash Cam
- Accurate mapping: Never get lost with detailed street names, landmarks, and POIs.
- Real-time traffic: Beat the rush with up-to-the-minute updates on services and software too.
- Voice-guided: Keep your eyes on the road with hands-free navigation.
- Multiple routes: Choose the best path with fastest, shortest, and toll-free options.
- Offline maps: Go anywhere with map storage for no-signal zones.
- User-friendly interface: Effortlessly input destinations and access features.
- Safety first: Stay alert with speed limit alerts and school zone warnings.
- Extra perks: Get the inside scoop with weather forecasts, POIs, and gas station locations.
- Built to last: A good dash cam must have a durable design and a long-lasting battery for extended use.
Why Preferred Sat Nav With Dash Cam Combined Not Separate Units?
When it comes to deciding whether you need a dash cam or sat nav, it ultimately depends on your needs. However, both are important devices for safe driving. A sat nav with built-in dash cam not only saves space on the dashboard by avoiding multiple cable connections for multiple devices, but it also saves money by purchasing one device instead of two.