Ben Wells is a tech enthusiast specializing in cameras and GPS devices. He has a keen interest in reviewing dashcams, navigators, and other useful car...
Yes, there are dash cams available that don’t require wires for installation. These wire-free or wireless dash cams use WiFi signals and only need to be connected to a power source, like a 12V car socket.
Wireless dash cams come in different types, including front, rear, and cabin cams. They eliminate the need for cables to connect and exchange footage. While they may not have a screen, you can access the live footage on your smartphone over WiFi.
Benefits of Wireless Dash Cams
- Portable and discreet design
- Some models offer cloud storage for easy access to recordings
- WiFi connectivity allows you to share and back up videos to your smartphone
- Fleet managers and parents can remotely monitor vehicles
- Additional dash cam features include accident evidence, improved driving behavior, insurance discounts, peace of mind, monitoring, fraud protection, and documentation of travels.
Wireless dash cams offer a straightforward and user-friendly solution, avoiding unnecessary hassles associated with wired setups.